W3 Total Cache is one of the top WordPress cache plugins. Its plugin page describes it this way: “W3 Total Cache improves the SEO and user experience of your site by increasing website performance, reducing load times via features like content delivery network (CDN) integration and the latest best practices.” In this tutorial, we will teach you a quick configuration for W3 Total Cache.
1. Go to the General Settings for W3 Total Cache.
2. In the Page Cache section, look for Page Cache and tick the checkbox for Enable.
3. Scroll down the page to the Object Cache section. Look for Object Cache and tick the checkbox for Enable.
4. Click on the Save all settings button.
5. Go to the Page Cache settings for W3 Total Cache.
6. In the General section, tick the checkbox for Cache feeds: site, categories, tags, comments.
7. In the Cache Preload section, tick the checkboxes for Automatically prime the page cache and Preload the post cache upon publish events. In the field next to Sitemap URL, type in the full URL for your sitemap.
8. Click on the Save all settings button.
That’s it. It’s done.