The steps below will walk you through how to unpublish a previously-published post or a page in WordPress.
1. Log in to the dashboard of your WordPress site.
2. If you want to unpublish a post, go to Posts > All Posts. If you want to unpublish a page, go to Pages > All Pages.
3. Hover your mouse over the title of the post or page that you want to unpublish.
4. Click on either Edit or Quick Edit.
If you clicked Edit…
5. If you clicked Edit, look for the Publish section on the right side of the page.
6. In Status, click on the Edit link next to Published.
7. Change Published to Draft.
8. Click on the OK button.
9. Click on the Update button.
If you clicked Quick Edit…
5. Look for the Tags box on the right side of the page.
6. In Status, change Published to Draft.
7. Click on the Update button.