The Ubuntu Dock is the bar on your Ubuntu desktop that has the shortcut icons for the software installed on your computer. By default, it is on the left of your screen, but you can move it to the bottom or to the right.
Here are the steps:
1. Click on the icon that looks like an arrow pointing down at the top-right corner of your Ubuntu computer.
2. A small window with a set of icons will appear. Go to the bottom-left corner of the window and click on the icon of crossed tools.
3. A bigger window with a list of choices on the left will appear. Click on Dock from the list.
4. Three choices will appear on the right of the window. At the bottom is Position on screen. There is a drop-down list on the right of Position on screen from which you can choose where to position the Ubuntu Dock: Left, Bottom, Right.
5. Choose from the drop-down list where you want to position the Ubuntu Dock.