If you have websites that use WordPress as a content management system, you can move contents between the websites. You might want to export articles or posts from one website and import them into another because the latter receives more traffic. You might want to copy your articles from a certain website that you manage and publish them on your personal website to enhance your portfolio. Whatever your reason is, you can easily do so by following the steps below.
Exporting Contents from First Website
1. Log in to the dashboard of your first WordPress website.
2. Go to Tools > Export.
3. Tick the checkbox for All content under the heading Choose what to export. (This option will export all posts, pages, comments, custom fields, terms, navigation menus, and custom posts.)
4. Click on the Download Export File button. (A .xml file will be downloaded.)
Importing Contents to Second Website
1. Log in to the dashboard of your second WordPress website.
2. Go to Tools > Import.
3. If this is your first time to import contents, scroll down the page to the WordPress import tool and click on the Install Now link below it. The Install Now link will be replaced by Run Importer link. Click on the Run Importer link.
If this is NOT your first time to import contents, scroll down the page to the WordPress import tool and click on the Run Importer link.
4. Click on the Browse button and look for your exported .xml file.
5. Click on the Upload file and import button.
6. The Assign Authors page will appear. Here you will be given the options to import users from the first WordPress site, create new users with login names, or assign posts to existing users in the second site.
7. Click on the Submit button when you are done with the previous step.