Millions of website on the internet use Joomla as a content management system. It is a very robust and powerful CMS, indeed. After installing Joomla for your website, however, you will notice that article titles are displayed as H2 on article pages instead of H1. And this is not good for SEO. Sure, you can tinker with the Joomla code to change that, but when you upgrade to a new Joomla version your efforts will be gone in the wind. In this tutorial, we will install an extension to change article headings in Joomla 3 from H2 to H1.
1. Click here to download the Aimy H1 Heading extension to your computer.
2. Log in to your Joomla website.
3 Go to Extensions > Manage > Install in the dashboard.
4. The Extensions: Install page will appear. Check the links on the left of the page and make sure you are on the Install tab; click on it if you are not.
5. Go to the Upload & Install Joomla Extension section at the center of the page and upload the Aimy H1 Heading extension using the drag-and-drop tool or the browse button.
6. When the uploading is finished, a message with a green background will appear across the page (towards the top) confirming the installation was successful.
7. Click on the Activate & configure plugin now! button towards the bottom of the page.
8. The Plugins: System – Aimy H1 Heading page will appear. See Status on the right of the page and set it to Enabled.
9. Click on the Save button at the top-left corner of the page.
Alternative Extension Activation Method
Here are the steps to turn on the Aimy H1 Heading extension if, for whatever reason, you missed the Activate & configure plugin now! button in Step 7 above:
1. Go to Extensions > Manage > Install in the Joomla dashboard.
2. The Extensions: Install page will appear. Click on the Manage link on the left of the page.
3. The Extensions: Manage page will appear. Type the word aimy in the search box at the center of the page.
4. The extension name System – Aimy H1 Heading will appear in the Name column and right beside it is a button with a red circle in it (there is an x inside the circle).
5. Click on that button. The red circle will turn into a green check mark and a message with a green background will be displayed across the page (towards the top) confirming the extension was enabled.
It’s done. Click here to read the documentation for the Aimy H1 Heading extension.